The Secretariat for Catholic Education, which coordinates all Church schools in Malta and Gozo and provides them assistance in several ways, and the Secretariat for Social Communications which is responsible for proclaiming the Church’s pastoral work through the media, in close collaboration with each other, are working on an extensive Media Education programme that:
- is committed to give teachers, students and parents professional resources to learn
- is fun and attractive
- is student-centred and adopts a creative pedagogical approach
- promotes creative production and critical thinking
- generates a unique experience
- is focused: it knows what it stands for and plays to its strengths
- will strengthem Media Education as a Church school subject in its own right and is also diffused through a cross-surricular approach.